Overview: Osmand is opensource navigation application with raster/vector maps
Requirements: Android 1.6 and up
Osmand+ (OSM Automated Navigation Directions)
Osmand is opensource navigation application with access to a wide source of popular open street map data. All map data including vector and raster maps can be stored on the phone memory card for offline usage. Osmand also has online routing and audible guidance.
Osmand+ is a donation based application. By buying it you are supporting the project and receive latest updates via Android Market.
Some of the core features:
- new Wikipedia feature (download offline POIs)
- offline data, configurable folder for the maps and tiles
- compact vector maps for whole world
- offline search of addresses and places
- custom tile map area download
- pedestrian, bicycle and car modes
- many map layers with customized transparency at a time
- offline routing (experimental)
- Galaxy Tab supported
What’s in this version:
- Most functionality is grouped by features and can be enabled/disabled in the Plugin Manager.
You can enable tile map sources, tracking settings, and many other new and previously existing features.
*New offline map data*
- Map rendering becomes faster and more precise (coastline and flooded area problems are mainly fixed).
- You need to download completely new offline data (old data will not be supported anymore)
*Offline Routing becomes more robust*
Download OsmAnd+ 0.8.0 (Android)
Written by: admin